Wednesday 25 January 2017

CABIN FEVER


Man, I am so glad I bought Rory that brand new snow suit and baby sled for Christmas....

But seriously, It needs to snow or spring needs to hurry the hell up because this weather lately is the shits. It's so cloudy and rainy it's depressing. I've been missing warmer weather more then ever, dreaming of long stroller walks and park dates. Small things I've been trying to do to get through this time of year are:

1. It sounds ridiculous, but getting dressed. It's pretty easy to stay in your pajamas all day, every day if you don't need to leave the house.

2. Making the bed. I usually do this during Rory's first nap and tidy up our room a bit.

3. Get together with other mamas and babies. When Rory was about 6 weeks old I joined this group through the region called Baby Talk and it's been great. Rory and I have made so many new friends and it's nice to connect with moms who are on maternity leave and in the same boat as you.

4. It took me 8 months to do but, joining something on my own without Rory. I joined hot yoga and I try to go 3x a week in the evening or weekend when Andrew is home to watch Rory. It's honestly helped me so much. It's not only great to get out of the house without a little attached to you but it's also great because my mind and body are stronger because of it.

Seeing as it is only January we probably have a long way to go but for now I'll be dreaming up ideas for Rory's 1st Birthday in late April.

Yesterday I cleared out the freezer of over ripe bananas and made two loaves of banana bread. One regular chocolate chip and one loaf with no added sugar for Rory. I had high hopes that he would like it but the dog has ended up eating most of it.




Rory has started bathing on his own, which has been great. He finally enjoys his bath time again and I have no idea why or what changed. We just tried it again one day and he was fine. There is no rhyme or reason to this guy I tell ya.





We've been trying to change it up a bit by playing upstairs in Rory's room instead of always on the main floor. I'm trying to get him into more books and not put the TV on as much during the day. It's a challenge because I always have it on in the background. It's almost an automatic thing I do. But I've been trying to play music instead. Google Play is amazing.


And another update. Rory likes to be naked all the time or at the very least pants-less. Diaper and clothing changes have turned into a wrestling match and I'm just over the fight. Go on with your bad self Rory, let those thighs breathe.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished